Sunday, January 27, 2008

Flamer on Park Ave.

Among the beautiful things of being downtown is the gift of the unexpected. For example, when I went to the Park Bar tonight for what I assumed would be a quiet meeting of friends, it turned out to be the insane pre-party for the Lenny Kravitz concert at the Filmore (f.k.a. State Theater).

And then, for some reason, some guy starts spinning fire and another guy starts playing the didgeridoo outside Park Bar/Cliff Bell's on Park Avenue. I don't know how and I don't know why, but I know it brought me joy.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for capturing a truly odd Detroit moment. And um, Lenny Kravitz fans = the worst eves.

Supergay Detroit said...

This is the magic of the city, ya know?

Lenny Kravitz fans - irritating but far from the worst ever! Were you downtown for Wrestlemania? HOLY SHIT. The Park Bar had their doors locked and only let in people they knew. It was that bad. LK was tame by comparison (although not 100% pretty).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...