Friday, February 1, 2008

HA!

Here's a little SupergayDetroit blind item for you ...

What prominent downtown Detroit architecture firm declined to make a proposal on the new Affirmations Community Center in Ferndale because one of the principals cited a need to not promote a "gay lifestyle"?

I'm blind iteming because I don't want to jeapordize my source, but the controversy that ensued from that info becoming internally known led to the HR department putting forward a comprehensive diversity hiring program.

And by that I mean, a bigoted middle-aged male asserted his assholeness, his growing company told him to grow the fuck up, and said company became a better organization because of it. Even if the straight guys are still uncomfortable about it.

It's a fairy tale ending.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And how often does that happen?!

Thanks for posting; made my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...