Monday, June 2, 2008

My current obsession ...

... is this video clip for the 1976 British television series "Rock Follies." I don't know too much about the series but here's what I do know:

* the music for the show - including this song - had the music written by Andy Mackay of Roxy Music

* the woman in the middle is Rula Lenska, and if you are old enough (like me) and wondering why you know that name, you may remember her in the Alberto VO5 tv commercials from the late 70's that started out with "I'm Rula Lenska ..." as if she were actually a US celebrity, which she wasn't. A funny take on that
here.

* their cable management system is tremendous.

* this clip is fucking fantastic. I hope it changes your life like it did mine.

Boys and girls, I give you "
Biba Nova."


[thanks to Fabulon!]

1 comment:

Ed said...

#1 I need that stage!

#2 I think Cate Blanchet must be the love child of Rula Lenska

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...