Thursday, June 5, 2008

We are the champions, mes amis

Well apparently the Red Wings are some kinds of champions now. All I really know is that people look stupid in hockey jerseys unless they are actually playing hockey.

I watched the last few minutes of the game at the Park Bar last night, which was packed with a shockingly large number of very cute men. A good number, by our estimation, homosexualists themselves. It was a nice distraction for me, since I don't really care about sports. I told my friends I'd get excited about hockey when they get excited about the
Tony Awards (coming to television Sunday, June 15! Three hours packed with more talent than all the other award shows of the year combined!). Some guy from the Stone Temple Pilots (they played at the Fillmore down the street) was there too, entourage intact.

There were loud cheers and yelling when the Red Wings won, of course. Cars and a bit of revelry in the streets, cop cars everywhere. I was happy for everyone. I just wish we could get something good going on around here besides sports. I think it sets a poor standard for celebration etiquette, kind of this "barbarians at the gate" motif.

Taking the Queen-inspired subject line of this post and making a bit of a stretch, here's a fabu Pepsi commercial that never aired in the U.S., featuring Pink, Beyonce and (wait for it, wait for it ...) Britney Spears in her prime. As well as a very hot Amr Diab.


[thanks, once again, to Fabulon]

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Wings! BBQ hot wings, I love 'em. Snaps to Pepsi on the commerical but boo on not following through and airing it.

Supergay Detroit said...

In Pepsi's defense, I think this was intended for the middle east (judging from the writing at the end). Gosh, if only anyone knew someone from the Middle East who could confirm ...

I like your approach to the Wings phenomenon. Very sensible.

D-Tales said...

June 15. Tony Awards...or gay day in Cedar Point?

Solution: DVR, the best invention EVER. After electricity, and whatnot.

Supergay Detroit said...

From that comment I am led to believe you have never been to Gay Day at Cedar Point ...

Tony Awards got this one, hands down!

D-Tales said...

Ruh-roh.

No, I haven't.

:/

Eh...haven't been to CP in a few years, anyway. It will still be fun!

Ummm...I hope...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...